Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Join us on another roller coaster ride of LOVE. Remember to read from the beginning by checking out the older posts!!!

Friday, February 27, 2009

It's a BOY...AGAIN!!!

At EXACTLY 11:30 am (God has a wonderful sense of humor!) my cell phone rang. My daughter ran to get the phone and answered it. (Our coordinator actually thought she was me and began to tell her she had some information!) When my daughter gave me the phone, Sarah, told me they had received Kenesa’s medical but not his social background and would we be willing to see it? YEEEEEEEESSSSS!! I know I felt sure this baby was to be ours and I know I felt it would happen today BUT that did not take away from the wonderment of the moment. I felt as if I was on a cloud. As Sarah sent the email, I instant messaged Samuel to come down stairs and then gathered the girls to open it together. Refreshing my inbox a few times there it finally was, an email whose subject was “here you go” with a picture of a paper clip by it. How can something so wonderful come in such a unpresuming package? As I clicked on it I could feel my heart beating. Scrolling down we were all treated to the most precious face. His expression said, “I need you to come get me, hold me, and love me”. His sweet cheeks ready to be kissed and his arms ready to have a family to reach out for, we were all moved to a synchronized “AAAAAAH he’s SOOOOOOOOOOO cute!”.

As we gazed into his beautiful eyes my fingers began to make the rounds I had made only the day before, instant messaging my sister and mother. Of course they thought he was cute, who could not! For my SIL we devised a shcem that was a bit more involved I quickly sent Kenesa’s photos to Costco and then my daughter reminded my SIL Yvonne that she needed to pick up Eyob’s photos at Costco. The plan worked perfectly and she called after checking the enveloped and knew she had been surprised!

We converted Kenesa’s stats and he is a peanut!

Weight 5.25 kg/11.46 pounds 3-5th percentile

Length 61 cm/24 inches 10-25th percentile

Head circum. 41cm-16.14 inches 10-25th percentile

Weight for length <>rd percentile


As I spoke to Sarah later in the day I was told how Kenesa’s was indeed the only paperwork that had arrived overnight! I was not surprised but amazed and grateful by my Father’s handiwork! I asked what orphanage he was in and was once again blessed to hear he was at Sele Enat. Another answer to prayer. The boys are together!

No comments: